Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Scrapbook Of Memories

    Not too long ago , someone mentioned I should write down memories for my children . What a great idea !!!! Right away , I thought of Christmas  and scrapbooks !!! Went  to the store to purchase a scrapbook kit . Stood there for what seemed like hours trying to decide on the right one .
    Chose a specific night to start this exciting project  . So I pull out all my pictures all over my bed . Get all my art supplies and colorful paper . Yeah , I'm ready . The room looks like a disaster , but I'm ready .
   Every picture brings a smile , a memory and a tear . Who wouldn't cry ? This is your life . Excitedly , I start to imagine the look on their face when they open it up . How we will gather around like a family with me sitting in the armchair surrounded by them . The laughs we will share as we look at every single picture and caption . Exclaiming .......remember when .......wasn't that fun ........we should do that again .....the good ole times .........oh , mom , this was the best idea .
   I worked on that scrapbook for three days way into the wee hours of the morning . So much love was put in that scrapbook . So much imagination . So much daydreaming on my part .
  That Norman Rockwell scene in my head ? It  never happened . Ask my son if he has even looked at the scrapbook ....yet . My daughter told me not to start her scrapbook  because her life hasn't started yet . I should wait until she gets married first . Well , at that rate , I'll be dead .
  Where are those Norman Rockwell kids ? Oh , yeah , in my imagination .

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh so hard it hurts! Kids! They're a rotten bunch, only a mother could love...! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...