Wednesday, February 14, 2018

White Noise

                                                            Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                            everyday is a journey.


I ask not wealth, 
but power to take
And use the things I have, 
aright; Not years, 
but wisdom that shall make
My life a profit and delight.

There is so much white noise around us on a daily basis, it's too difficult to hear that small still voice inside of us. Sometimes, I feel we choose what white noise we do listen to. Others, we cannot escape, but we do have to endure.

How would you define white noise? When I googled white noise, here is what it said: noise containing many frequencies with equal intensities.

Wow, that's everything. It's also very scary, because not all of us are strong enough to resist the negative and harmful things we need to be avoiding. Unfortunately, we are effected by the things around us. The more stress we have in our life whether it is in the form of a trial or just the everyday, the more we are affected by the white noise. 

It's true, you know. For instance, think of when you have a headache. You can pop all the headache pills you want, but if you're not in a quiet surroundings, it won't go away. Go home, take a pill and lay down in a peaceful setting, it will disappear. 

It is the same when we are facing struggles in our life. The hardest thing to do is to be still. Everything is being thrown at us and concentration is almost none. We cannot think properly, let alone make wise and sound decisions. How do we stay sane within the chaos around us filled with the noise?

For some of us, it is the hardest thing ever. You know what I do? I will endure it for as long as I can, until the weekend comes around and then I lock myself away. I won't answer the phone or turn on social media of any kind. I'll hide away from the world and surround myself with calming things. I'll refresh myself and my mind. You'd be surprised just how much one can get out of being quiet. 

How do you detox from all the white noise around you? Would love to hear from all of you.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...