Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Mind Your Own Business

                                                               Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                everyday is a journey.
                                     


Judge not the workings of his brain
And of his heart thou canst not see;
What looks to thy dim eyes a stain
In God's pure light may only be
A scar, brought from some well-won field,
Where thou would'st only faint and yield.
And judge none lost; but wait and see,
With hopeful pity, not disdain;
The depth of the abyss may be
The measure of the height of pain
And love and glory that may raise
The soul to God in after days!
-- Adelaide A. Procter.

When we lived in Elmwood Park, I had these beautiful picture windows in almost every room. The living room alone had an entire wall of windows. There was a gorgeous view out of my bedroom onto the street below. My desk was placed right under it and I wrote many picturesque inspired posts in that spot.

Moving here, that beautiful scenic window just didn't exist. For some reason, all the windows are a little bit higher so one never sees completely outside sitting down in any of the rooms. I miss that view. Right now, my desk sits in front a wall. All inspirations come from within.

During this past year, I have lamented to Emily on numerous occasions of how much I miss having a nice view. Her reply? Maybe God wants you to mind your own business for once. 

Well, she is kind of right. I do get involved in other people's lives. More than I should. Maybe she is right and this is God's way of me minding my own business! 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...