Saturday, February 24, 2018

Just A Dream

                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,everyday is a journey.



Ah, friend, let us be true
To one another! For the world, which seems
To lie before us like a land of dreams,
So various, so beautiful, so new,
Hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light,
Nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain,
And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
Where ignorant armies clash by night.
--Matthew Arnold.

Dreaming! We all dream while in the land of nod, don't we? What's funny is that we all have a re-occurring dream. You know the one I'm talking about. For me, it is always about yarn, tons and tons of yarn. The theme may be the same, but the scenery and act changes every time. 

My most recent one involved my father. I was in his house in Arizona, exploring every single room. I went down into what looked like a back room that had multiple boxes. In these boxes I found some yarn, quite a bit of yarn. I took it back into the room where my father was and sat down with him. I began crocheting a piece that I found in one of the boxes. It was an unfinished piece, just a small square. And he says to me that it used to be his Aunt Katherine's, that she used to crochet, too. I thought to myself, is this where I got this from?

This was just a dream. One of many that I have had over my multitude of years. Yet, it's always had yarn in it. It didn't matter if I was in the basement somewhere or whether someone gave me something, it always involved yarn. 

I think it might have something to do with the fact I consider my Ministry to be therapeutic for me, a blessing of sorts. It's no surprise that I would consider yarn when it pertains  to something good happening in my life. What do you dream about? Is it a re-occurring dream  with a particular theme? I would love to hear.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...