Monday, February 5, 2018

That Glow

                                                                            Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                            everyday is a journey.




Bright be my prospect as I pass along;--
An ardent service at the cost of all,--
Love by untiring ministry made strong,
And ready for the first, the softest call.
A. L. WARING.


Walking with my fellow co-workers into our monthly quality meeting, one of them kept stealing glances my way until finally remarking upon seeing my quizzical expression:

"Lottie, what have you done to yourself differently? Did you get your hair done? You're positively glowing! There's something different about you!"


Every time she looked at me she kept asking those same questions over and over again. It didn't dawn on me right away why I looked different to her. There was only one reason I was glowing. It was the chemo. 

You may think I'm crazy, but I have heard many people remark how great my skin looks whenever I am on treatment. I don't know why, because Lord knows people misinterpret that to mean I have no symptoms. I look good, therefore it cannot be as bad as someone else's chemo. I just cannot win nor receive any sympathy. 

I'm only joking. I'm glad I don't look like I have cancer, because I never want to look like a victim. Even if I died, cancer still wouldn't have won, because I would be in Jesus arms! 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...