Friday, February 2, 2018

Books!

                                                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                       everyday is a journey.



Be not afraid to pray--to pray is right.
Pray if thou canst, with hope; but ever pray
Though hope be weak, or sick with long delay;
Pray in the darkness, if there be no light.
Far is the time, remote from human sight,
When war and discord on earth shall cease:
Yet every prayer for universal peace
Avails the time to expedite.
--Hartley Coleridge.

What do books mean to you? To me, they're an escape into a world where an adventure awaits. Sometimes, instead of adventure, one finds knowledge and growth intellectually. It all depends what we are in a mood for. Personally, I want it all.  

1. 90 Minutes In Heaven
by: Don Piper
I've have often spoke or written about this great book. This book has changed my life when I needed it the most. As I was going through the very first days of my cancer journey, I read about his own struggle with a car accident that left him spending the next three or more years of his life inside a hospital. His recovery was painful and long. There were many times while reading his story that I had to put the book down due to the emotions that raged inside of me. If you have a chronic illness, this books is for you.


2. Anxious For Nothing
By: Max Lucado
Although, I have read many of his books, I have never heard him speak until recently. He has a great calming voice which transcended into the book Anxious For Nothing. There is something in the way he puts words together that I found peaceful in reading this book. It totally relaxed me. I love his books and plan on reading more. 

3. Stronger Than The Struggle
By: Havilah Cunnington
This book deals with our spiritual warfare and how to overcome it. We all go through spiritual warfare at one point or another as followers of Jesus. She made this great point that we seem to do two things when it comes to the devil: Either we're afraid to say his name or we say his name all the time blaming him for everything wrong in our life. Sometimes, we are to blame for the consequences in our wrong decisions. 

I hope you will check out these great books when you have time. Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...