Thursday, February 15, 2018

The Beauty Within

                                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




O Light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine's blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.

Let's begin today differently by being thankful in all we encounter and in all we do. If we walked out the front door with a positive and thankful attitude, the devil couldn't touch us. I think that the majority of us do just that, but then the world intercedes. 

I know I walk into work each and every day with a smile on regardless of how I feel. I try, really try, because I know this is the area where I struggle. I know my weaknesses and I'm sure that you do, too. The way I walk out is sometimes way different. Although, those days are becoming rarer. Thank goodness for that.

It's difficult to see the beauty within a person who spends majority of their time being miserable. Where is the beauty in someone who's tongue cuts like steel? It just doesn't exist. It's not the beauty on the outside that makes us shine, but what lies inside. 

The world today hides the beauty and instead we see their ugliness. There are days where I am saddened by what is happening around me. People are meaner out there than normal. The devil is running around rampart having a field day. 

Just the other day, both Emily and I had a particularly rough week. We came home to find a package waiting in the hallway. Of course, we checked the name on it to make sure it wasn't for us and went inside. This is like eleven at night. The next morning, that package is still there except for one thing, someone cut it open taking what was inside. They can't even steal correctly, they leave the empty package as evidence. 

That's what the world has become, taking without a qualm, what isn't theirs to begin with. If only we could truly begin our day the right way. If only we would make a promise to be better than everyone else. If only we all made an effort. Things might turn out much better for everyone. We all can make a change if only we put our hearts into it. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...