Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Walking Boldly


                                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


There lies thy cross; beneath it meekly bow;
It fits thy stature now;
Who scornful pass it with averted eye,
'Twill crush them by and by.
J. KEBLE. 



I'm not spending my life walking in fear. When I think about all the times I've been scared in my life, it makes me mad at myself. Being scared affected everything I did. It prevented me from living. Not anymore. This woman is walking boldly with no fear at all. At least, on the outside, lol. On the inside I'm shaking like a leaf, but that won't stop me from living out my life boldly.

This is my journey, my cancer journey. No one can walk that road for me, except me. The only person I WANT on that journey is Jesus to walk beside me and carry me when I no longer can go on. 

My grandmother was a fierce woman. A bold woman. She believed in not giving up. You may be sobbing hysterically and shaking, but you stand your ground. The movie 300 was written about her in mind.

I believe we all have that bold and fierce woman living deep inside us. When she comes out depends on the journey we are on. Sometimes, we're on a journey we don't want to be on. We fight, we make up excuses, we procrastinate. Anything except finishing that race. I've been there very recently. The more we fight it, the more difficult it can be for us. Which race do you want to be in? Which woman do you want to finish it?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...