Sunday, February 25, 2018

Clutter Free Life

                                                            Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Ring out, wild bells, to the wild sky,
The flying cloud, the frosty light:
The year is dying in the night;
Ring out, wild bells, and let him die.
Ring out old shapes of foul disease,
Ring out the narrow lust of gold:
Ring out the thousand wars of old,
Ring in the thousand years of peace.
--Alfred Tennyson.


 There is nothing I detest more than clutter! It's no wonder that whenever I'm going through a trial or an issue, I feel claustrophobic and everywhere I look I see clutter. I have this huge need to clean it all out, every nook and cranny. I feel as if my whole life is a clutter and by cleaning out my closets or refrigerator, I've straightened out my messy life.

Why do we associate clutter with the mess in our life? Most importantly, why do we associate the word clean as a purification of the soul? Well, you know that saying that goes something like messy house, messy life? I believe it's true. Who can breathe with all that stuff? Half of it we don't even use, but it sits on our shelves or inside boxes just in case one day we might need it. Ridiculous!

Since our move, fourteen months ago, it seems we have brought back the clutter. Whatever we downsized, we ended up somehow refilling the space with other things. Partly, that's my fault. We have a larger apartment and it has been quite awhile since we have bought for ourselves or the place anything new. I've won a few drawings, giveaways and raffles from work. Well, you get the drift. 

Looking around I can't help, but sigh deeply. We really have fell backwards, haven't we? There's no time like the present in getting back on track. We can fall off and we will, but it's also important to get back on.  

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...