Friday, February 16, 2018

The Garden Path

                                                         Everyday is brand new day,
                                                         everyday is a journey.



What's hallowed ground?
 'Tis what gives birth
To sacred thoughts in souls of worth!
--Peace! Independence! 
Truth! go forthEarth's compass round;
And your high-priesthood shall make earth
All hallowed ground.


Your story of pain and healing can be a pathway for others to follow in their healing process, too. It is our choice how we tell these stories and to whom.  it's our duty as Christians to share it with others.

Sometimes, we just want to hide and lick our wounds in private away from the prying eyes of the world. What good does that really do? Does it help anyone else? No, but it does feel good to sometimes have a good ole pity party.

Happiness is a choice. How we choose to react to things is our choice. Yes, I acknowledge that certain things can ignite our anger, our jealousy or our depression. I'm not beyond any of it. Believe me, I've had my share of all of these. 

Recently, I've had someone ask me how I'm able to still have faith since all these bad things have happened to me in my lifetime. Believe me, I struggled through the entire trials of my life. I kicked and scream and yelled bloody murder. I didn't endure with grace. What you see now is a product of 53 years. My garden path wasn't pretty, but mostly full of thorns. I didn't clear it alone. I had God walking ahead of me leading the way.

We often look at people's lives the same way we look at a garden. We see the beauty, but often we don't notice how much work went into it. And folks, there was plenty of work in that garden to get it to look beautiful! Let's learn to finish our garden path and I bet when we look back, we'll see the beautiful trail we are walking on.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...