Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Group

                                                         Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                          everyday is a journey.
                                 


Sit down, sad soul, and count
The moments flying;
Come, tell the sweet amount
That's lost by sighing!
How many smiles?--a score?
Then laugh, and count no more;
For day is dying.

After much procrastination, I have finally decided to debut my Chronic Illness Group. You know, there are things in life that happen that are not in my control. I found that out during my radiation treatment last year. I didn't want to minister to anyone, but to myself, but God had other plans. From that to here. 

I put a lot of thought into how this group would work, what it should be about and what I wanted from it. The problem came from an unexpected turn. I love to write and for the love of me, I couldn't form a sentence to write a formal introduction and invite into the group. For some reason, I kept procrastinating with the grand opening of the group. 

Was I secretly fighting God once again? I'm almost sure of it. I know I have always said I didn't have time. but the truth is that anything to do with that time with radiation, I just want to forget. God had other plans.

Yesterday, after a very long wait, I sat down at my computer and wrote a small invitation on Facebook inviting people to join this group. I wasn't expecting anything from it. In fact, I thought to myself, who in the world would want to join? Well, the response has been overwhelming. God-1/lottie-o. Please pray that this group will help someone, that something good will come out of it. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 


















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...