Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A Restless Day

                                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey.



It is the secret sympathy,
The silver link, the silken tie,
Which heart to heart and mind to mind
In body and in soul can bind.
--Sir Walter Scott.

Being off so many days in a row left me restless. Even though my days were filled with things to do, I still would patter around the apartment feeling lazy and listless. I realized that we need to work, to have a job. Or at least, I do. As much as I love being at home, occasionally I need to get out.

I remember Joey's kindergarten teacher telling me how she had to move the children around from one activity to the next so they wouldn't become restless. They would sit in a circle for story time and then they had art in a separate corner of the room. There was sit down at their desk time and another space for every lesson throughout the day. That kept them interested. 

It's the same in our lives. We cannot stay in one spot for the entire day. Even in a tiny house, every part of that tiny space has a purpose. This is where they eat or sleep or bathe, even if it is a small space. Separation is needed. 

So I spent my time fighting restlessness instead of perhaps being productive. That's okay, because sometimes we need to feel uncomfortable in order to discern what needs to be corrected in our life. For me, that means being very sure if I want to live Tiny. Could I live that way? 

God is speaking to us all the time. We just choose to listen when we feel like it or when we like what He is saying. What's He saying to you?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...