Saturday, June 3, 2017

Saturday Mornings

                                                                            Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                            everyday is a journey.


We weave our thoughts into heart-spun plans,
And weave secure for a fitful day,
But lose in the web of earthly things
The pattern of sublimity.
Shall days spring up as wild vines grow,
Unheeding where they climb or cling?
Consider, child, before you sow,
And wait not until harvesting.
--M. B. S.

 For many years, my Saturday mornings were filled with laundry, shopping, running errands, Ministry work and all the hubbub of daily living. By the time the afternoon rolled around, I was tired and didn't have any energy to do anything else. As I grow older, I'm realizing how things change on a regular basis. What once was, no longer applies.

The fact is that I really love my Saturday mornings. Emily's schedule is so different every single week that she works all sorts of hours. It is rarely the same schedule. Spending weekends together only happens on occasion. Majority of the time, Saturday mornings are all mine. And the Lord knows I need them.

It has become extremely stressful not only by my work, but the world itself. The media distresses me beyond reason, not to mention Hollywood is out of control. These people seem to think they have some sort of power. It's time to find a pin and pop those big heads they're wearing.

I find that these difficult times are happening more and more. I run as fast as I can through my week looking to my weekends, especially my Saturday mornings. Moments of seclusion are what I'm looking for in every crook and cranny of this life. It should be different, shouldn't it? Five more years, Lord, let me get through five more years.

So I sit here this morning, amidst the quiet serenity around me. The apartment is cleaned, a cup of tea resting by my keypad. The aromatic candle is lit and the Word of God broadcasting via the computer. Why can't everyday be like this? Why? Why? All because of what happened at The Garden of Eden. Discord. Hatred. Pain. Lies. Death. This world needs Jesus.

Climbing the stairs with a heavy foot, last night I couldn't wait for the workday to come to an end. I plopped on my bed and went to sleep, dreaming of the peaceful morning to come. Some times, two days are not enough to cleanse ourselves of all the filth of the week before. I need more. One of my favorite Bible verses speaks perfectly of this very thing.

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 
29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 

30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light
Matthew 11:28-30

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...