Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Hand Me Another Skein Of Yarn

                                                                 Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                everyday is a journey.



Breathes there the man with soul so dead
Who never to himself hath said,
This is my own, my native land!
Whose heart hath ne'er within him burned
As home his footsteps he hath turned
From wandering on a foreign strand?

Hi Lottie,
Are you still doing that crochet thing? Maybe I will stop by when I get a chance to brush up on my skills.

Believe it or not, I get quite a lot of messages such as the one above. Everyone just assumes that my Ministry has been a fleeting thought and now no longer exists. 

This coming August, my Ministry will be celebrating 4 years of serving our community here and in other states, through the talented hands of a group of ladies who love to crochet. I, myself, am in awe of these ladies and their desire to continue serving the poor and needy. I've always said that this Ministry would continue as long as God provided the supplies necessary. So far, we seem to have just enough. 

These past few weeks, I've been concentrating on making homeless mats from plastic grocery bags. My yarn has been laying to the side awaiting my eager return. I say eager, because I really do miss it. As the Ministry met this past weekend for our regular gathering, I brought out my yarn and fell in love all over again. 

I cannot wait for the day to come where I can sit all day long crocheting and blogging my little heart out. I know that day will come whether here on earth or in Heaven, but I want to thank The Almighty Lord for bestowing such a wonderful gift upon me. A gift that has blessed me many times over. A gift that has saved me from the craziness of this world. Hand me another skein of yarn. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...