Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The Parking Spot

                                                             Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



O Love, how cheering is Thy ray!
    All pain before Thy presence flies;
  Care, anguish, sorrow, melt away,
    Where'er Thy healing beams arise.
  O Father, nothing may I see,
  Nothing desire, or seek, but Thee.
P. GERHARDT.

I have mentioned before my company's commitment to fundraising for breast cancer. One of their newest fundraiser happens to be raffling off two parking spaces near the door. Actually, it's not that new. It has been around for about a year now. 

I've never really been into this fundraising, opting to buy a raffle ticket only once before. To me, I didn't mind parking way in the back. It is what it is. 

One day, the raffle is going on and I just happen to have a ten in my pocket. That's a rarity since I don't carry paper money on me. All my bills are paid on-line, therefore, I don't carry any on me. That day, I had that ten and thought to myself, "why not?" 

Now, there was an individual that has won that parking spot over and over again. He just kept winning and people were like don't even bother, Lottie. He will win again. He spends a lot of money so he has many chances of winning. Well, if the Lord sees fit for me to have that spot, I will have that spot no matter how much money is spent on it. And that's what happened. 

For the last three months, I had that parking spot by the front door  and loving every single moment of it. I am thankful and appreciative for that privilege. By the end of the month, another raffle will occur and another two people will get that spot by the door. In God's eyes, He already has chosen the two before the raffle has ever been played, because when God says it's for you, it's for you.

I have to admit that I will miss that spot. Should I play again?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...