Monday, June 12, 2017

The Latest

                                                            Everyday is a brand new day.
                                                              everyday is a journey.



They that wander at will where the
Works of the Lord are revealed,
Little guess what joy can be got
From a cowslip out of the field.

Well, we went from raining constantly to high temperatures a few weeks before Summer officially begins. High winds and high heat, not a great combination. Since my hot flashes have stopped, this heatwave is not as bad as I imagined. I've been able to handle it way better than before. I haven't turned on the air as of yet. 

Things have been quite hectic which is normal around here. So far this month, I've gotten one traffic ticket (thank you camera) in the same exact spot that I got one last year. I'm beginning to really dislike that area. 

The pipe under my kitchen sink corroded through and drenched everything in the surrounding area. Now we can play the waiting game with the landlord. Emily and I were laughing that one day, we will have a landlord that is perfect. He will come over when he says he will. He will be able to fix anything and everything. Plus, he will not be nosey walking in whenever he feels like it the way our old landlord has done.

My "check your air in tire" light came on the other day. Today, I found the reason why. There seems to be a nail in my tire. Oh goody, I needed an oil change anyway. Guess who's getting up early once again in the morning?

The old me would have started screaming at everyone near me or at least, began to feel sorry for myself. I just shrugged. Although, all these things may be happening, I'm truly blessed in many ways. I have a fairly new vehicle and a trusted mechanic to oversee it. I have funds available to pay for whatever needs to be done. I have a bucket to place under my sink to catch any water. I have been in far worse situations in my life where I felt completely alone. It's totally different now. I will be okay. We will be just fine.

I did tell the devil to get the heck out of here, just in case he may think we are offering free room and board. 

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...