Thursday, June 1, 2017

The Worship

                                                                              Everyday is a brand new day.
                                                                              everyday is a journey.





I praise Thee while my days go on;
  I love Thee while my days go on:
  Through dark and dearth, through fire and frost,
  With emptied arms and treasure lost,
  I thank Thee while my days go on.
E. B. BROWNING

I love visiting different Churches! I would be the happiest woman ever if I could visit a different Church every Sunday. I know, I know. We as Christians are to find a Church and stay there making a community with them. I know all that, but there is a bit of a wanderer (a Church wanderer) inside of me. 

I love to see other Churches and how they operate. What kind of service do they hold? What type of Sunday School curriculum do they teach? I want to see the different styles of preaching that each Pastor makes his own. What type of worship do they practice? What about their activities and their involvement in their communities? I want to know it all.

It's the same when it comes to Worship. Every Church congregation worships differently. My old Church was totally awesome when it came to Worship. They worshiped. It was a new Church with new believers and they were on fire for the Lord. The people clapped. The people sang at the top of their voices. They shouted out "Amen" and "Hallelujah" frequently the same way that we blink. Let me tell you, there is something magical when a whole room of people are praising the Lord full throttle!

Our current Church couldn't be more opposite. They are totally conservative. There aren't any shout outs of any kind let alone "Amen." Worship is my favorite time of the entire service. I sing high and loud. I sway. I raise my hands. Usually, I'm the only one. This past Sunday, Emily told me that there was another woman who raised her hands to the Lord, just like me. It doesn't matter. This is my time, my worship. I will lift those hands up high to my Lord in reverence. 

I'm not complaining, though. We all have our way, our own relationship with God. It may look different from each other, but that's what makes it special to Him. What's your worship style?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...