Monday, June 26, 2017

Meet Thy Neighbors

                                                             Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                             everyday is a journey.


The year's at the spring
And the day's at the morn;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing:
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in his heaven:
All's well with the world.


After living here for almost six months, we've finally met the neighbors! Amazing! It wasn't by choice, but rather, by chance. 

We awoke one Saturday morning to the sounds of our neighbors outside. Anna, the one living below us, left her car running all night and the battery was dead. I know, I know. How or why would anyone leave their car running all night and then forget about it? Shrug, I'm not here to judge. Once, I ran the red light and hit another car. How or why did I do that? Shrug?

I came out and moved my car so one of the neighbors can give her a jump. I was happy to do so. You see, I loved to see the guys from our building come out to help her. They cared. They did not leave her until her vehicle was up and running. 

That says a lot about the people living here. I'm glad I witnessed and been part of that morning, because I now know that if I need help, they'll be there. I can count on them when I'm in a bind. They'll answer my knock. Good neighbors are truly hard to find. When you don't get along with someone, life can be difficult.I have seen it way too much.

When I was a little girl, we lived on the second floor above this senior couple. Every time we moved or made a sound, out came the broom handle and the lady would bang up on her ceiling. Constantly. There was no appeasing those two. We were always too loud and too misbehaved for them. My poor mother had her hands full always apologizing and trying to make peace.

So I like my neighbors and how everyone, so far, seems to respect one another's quiet and privacy. I've seen one of them do laundry at like midnight and no one complained. How awesome is that? Another plus, people here have parties, but they know when to turn it down. This was a problem by our old place, especially with the family across the street from us. I do not miss that. So far, so good.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...