Sunday, June 11, 2017

My Son

                                                              Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                             everyday is a journey.


Nor can I count him happiest who has never
Been forced with his own hand his chains to sever,
And for himself find out the way divine;
He never knew the aspirer's glorious pains,
He never earned the struggler's priceless gains.


Meet Joe, Dr. Pastor Joseph Michael Krol, my son. I say his full title not because I want to show off, but I want this to be an encouragement to others. You see, my son, hated anything to do with school and it reflected in his grades. One would never know that looking at him now. I tell this story to all mothers who are in similar shoes with their children. You can never predict their story, because it is not our story to live. So never give up on your children, no matter what the situation. 


My son and I have so much in common whether he may acknowledge it or not. He is the one person who understands my desire for simplicity. For solitude. For purpose. For peace. Maybe because we are more alike than we care to admit? Not in looks. He definitely resembles his father. 


                                                        That smile is all mine.

                                                My all time favorite picture of him.

                                                    Dancing with a married man.

                                                       The selfie king.

                                                         My son, Joey. 

I can list all the great things he has done or simply write stories from the past, but I will do neither. What I want to do is write about the different relationships I have with each of my children. I love being a mom of grown children. They can ask me my opinion about certain things in their lives, but their dependency of old is non existent. They are adults, therefore, I can relate to them as an adult. 

I feel, as if my son and I, are finally on the same footing. I can discuss various topics with him such as books, politics or current events. He understands that part of me that loves documentaries and Tiny Houses! He is my buddy whenever the urge for chocolate takes over or a big juicy burger is on the menu. The need for caloric counting goes out the window. An outing with my son is like s secret adventure that only we know about. 

I'm sure our relationship will change as the years pass on, each new stage a welcome repast as we look to the future and any new memories we make. I couldn't be more prouder of the man he has become, a God fearing man. I'm so proud of that! Now, about those foot rubs. . . . 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...