Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Books, Books And More Books

                                            Everyday is a brand new day,
                                            everyday is a journey.


When I have the time so many things I'll do,
To make life happier and more fair
For those whose lives are crowded now with care,
I'll help to lift them from their low despair
When I have time.

Have I told you how much I love books? One of my favorite movies ever was Beauty and the Beast all because of that library scene where Beast allows her to enter. That library has been living in my mind of dreams.

1.Listen, Love, Repeat
By: Karen Ehman
This book deals with being aware of people in our daily lives by openly listening to what they are saying and acting upon these things. For instance, a friend may share with you their favorite dish that grandma used to make and you surprise them with that dish. Karen refers to moments like these as Heartdrops, spreading Christ's love around. 

2. The Flavor of Our Faith
By: Karen Valentin
With: Rev. Edwin Aymat
This book is a recollection of a Hispanic's family traditions and stories Norman Rockwell style. The Author re-tells all of her favorite memories about being Latino and a Christian. It's a good read especially since we are in a world that is so full of x-rated occurrences.

3. What's Good About Anger?
By: Lynette J. Hoy
With: Ted Griffin
This is really an anger management book that would be best put to use in a group. There are surveys one can take and also applications in helping us deal with our anger. Great questions, great discussions could be held as we examine how we deal with anger in different life situations. Intuitive reading. 

4. Holes
By:Louis Sachar
I have many wonderful memories of reading to my children as preschoolers and older. Holes is a book that I've read many times with Emily. We also have the movie. I find that we can re-read this story over and over again, never growing tired. A great book to read with your children, especially when they're older. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...