Monday, February 20, 2017

Worldly Wealth vs. Spiritual Wealth PT.2

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


I am glad to think
I am not bound to make the world go right;
But only to discover and to do,
With cheerful heart, the work that God appoints.
I will trust in Him,
That He can hold His own; and I will take
His will, above the work He sendeth me,
To be my chiefest good.
J. INGELOW.


I often wondered why did it take me so long to figure out what was the most important time to change priorities of my life. Why couldn't I see then what I see now? 

I wish I could say that my cancer brought about an instant overnight change in my life. The truth is, it became a slow process like a journey I've never been on before. All I knew was that God saved me for a reason. I should have been dead and instead He saved me for a purpose. I was so afraid that I would miss that purpose. 


It was that fear that propelled me to go to Church every Sunday, join a Bible study and learn the Word of God. Somewhere in those pews where I sat, something wonderful happened within my heart. A few years earlier, I accepted Christ, but I didn't accept Him 100%. I made excuses for my behavior.  You know, I would go to Church if there was one near me. So God opened one near me. God called my bluff and saved me. Now I had to keep my end and show Him things would be different. 

Treasures in Heaven

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Matthew 6:19-24

This May, it will be ten years since I decided to take God on that journey. Like I said, it didn't happen overnight. I started a blog, a Crocheting Ministry, kept a 30 day journal on simplicity, faced cancer three mores times and here we are. Ten years of choosing to leave behind the worldly goods and opting for God instead. I have more now than I ever had in all those younger years where I hoarded looking to acquire stuff to make me feel complete. Instead, I shed some extra unnecessary baggage, baggage that was weighing me down. 

I look forward to my senior years where simplicity will play an even bigger role in my life. It's not things that make me happy. I don't need hings, I need Him!

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...