Friday, February 17, 2017

The End Of The Week

                                            Everyday is a brand new day,
                                            everyday is a journey.


I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand--
How few! Yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep--while I weep!
O God, can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

The end of the work week is here. I should be elated and thrilled, but right now, it's just another day. I found that whenever we have a busy weekend ahead, we don't really have a relaxed mind on Fridays. Instead, our energy levels are steeped with full throttle ahead. 

The weird thing? I'm actually looking forward to it. Looking forward to seeing my Ministry ladies. Looking forward to packaging up some of these deliveries that have taken over my bedroom and kitchen. Looking forward to getting my bedroom back. So I don't mind if it ends up being busy and I don't have time to lounge in my pajamas. 

I do understand that some of you may have had a very difficult week and are extremely looking forward to doing nothing, but relaxing. I do hope you find that rest.  

Rest is something I have struggled with over the years. I always felt guilt for taking a day or two to simply do nothing, but lounge. In my family, we have been brought up to work, always keeping busy. My parents worked and in their free time, they entertained. I cannot ever remember seeing them just doing nothing. My mom would spend hours in her garden every single day. Keeping busy has always been a way of life in my family.

Sounds silly, doesn't it? Feeling guilty for resting, but it's true. It's taken me a long time to accept that rest is vital to our well being both mentally and physically. I can't be at my best without rest. I can't do what I love most if I'm too tired to do it. So no matter what kind of weekend you may have planned, I hope there some time set aside for something so simple as rest. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...