Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Epiphany Day!

                                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


A blue bird built his nest
Here in my breast.
"O bird of Light! Whence comest thou?"
Said he, "From God above:
My name is Love."
A mate he brought one day,
Of plumage gray.
"O bird of Night! Why comest thou?"
Said she: "Seek no relief!
My name is Grief."
--Laurence Alma-Tadema.

What is an Epiphany? One hears people often speak of it, but what is it really? How do we know we have it? How can we get it? What do we have to do to achieve it?


https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/epiphany

3a (1) : a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something (2) : an intuitive grasp of reality through something (as an event) usually simple and striking (3) : an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosureb : a revealing scene or moment.

In my reflections this morning, I tried to remember my epiphany moment. It happened many years ago in a Church that I visited for the first time. I found something very dear and important that day. I found out what I really wanted in Life. I found out I wanted to follow Jesus. 

That was my epiphany moment. It felt so right and perfect in every way. I knew then that this is what my heart has been searching for all along. A glorious feeling. A moment that still brings me to tears whenever I revisit it.


It is a well known fact among all my friends that I'm what they call a "Jesus freak" even though they may not be one thenselves. For years I have been praying for these friends of mine in the hope they also will develop a loving relationship with Jesus. As the years have been passing with no success, I'm realizing that it may require a lot of work for their epiphany to happen. Lord knows, my own took twenty long years from the time that first seed was planted.

You see, when I was 19 years old, a fellow co-worker invited me to visit her Church. Being raised as a Catholic, I never really knew of other religions and their rituals. So here I am, all of 18 or 19 yrs. of age walking into a well-known Hotel chain to Church. They whooped and hollered speaking of sinners. I've never seen anything like it before in my life. What kind of Church is this? In a hotel conference room? Where is the altar?  

I ran out the door and it basically took another twenty years later before I could see Christ was there all along. Now I'm the one whooping, hollering, singing Jesus praise in Church. How ironic is that? I am full of hope and promise that my friends will one day accept Jesus as I have done, even if it takes them a little longer. 

Do you remember you're epiphany moment? Was it spiritual like mine? How has it changed your life? I would love to hear all about it. Please share with everyone in the comments below. 

Have a blessed day everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...