Monday, February 6, 2017

The Wellspring


                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




Between us and Thyself remove

Whatever hindrances may be,
That so our inmost heart may prove
A holy temple, meet for Thee.
LATIN MSS. OF 15TH CENTURY.



well·spring


ˈwelˌspriNG/
noun
literary
  1. an original and bountiful source of something.


    "sadness is the wellspring of creativity"


There is nothing more humbling than a prayer that has been answered, especially if it took years to come to fruition. I remember my friend's happiness when the Lord finally answered her prayer of a husband. She waited a very long time for this man, but when he did come she was so overwhelmed by the blessing, she could not stop crying. Every Sunday for months, one would find her at the foot of the altar on her knees, hands outstretched in praise and thankfulness. She was humbled by God's Grace upon her. 

What does the completion of a dream look like to you? When your prayers have been answered, did you drop to your knees in gratitude with tears streaming down your face? Or did you just carry on as if nothing spectacular occurred?


I, myself, have recently experienced a long awaited prayer come to fruition. I have prayed long and hard. Every time the answer came back a no, I would weep to the Lord why is it always no? Still, I kept praying. I've never spoken of this desire within my heart. Never. Only the Lord Himself heard it.

The question all of you might be wondering about Did I drop to my knees like my friend? No, I did not, but I am humbled beyond anything anyone could imagine. I sat in my car singing out two words thank you, thank you , thank you over and over again. There is such a contentment within my heart. I cannot complain or utter a negative word up to the Lord. How can I when He has fulfilled a prayer that has meant so much to me. 

Am I worthy of this Grace from God? Absolutely not. I am so lacking. God has been my wellspring since I was formed inside my mother's womb. I may have not been aware of it, but He has molded my very being in such a magnificent way that my soul aches for Him. How can I complain to Him? How could I possibly want more? I feel His love encompass me, filling me to the brim with contentment. He is enough. 

Joy and contentment are so fleeting. We need to bask in the sunshine of both every chance we can. I plan on staying awhile here in this moment. Thank you, thank you, Jesus, thank you.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...