Monday, February 13, 2017

Four Generations

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.


Heaven stands open to me,
 my Lord, 
in these deep and holy words. 
Through the open door I see
 the source of the golden light
 that shone around 
Thy earthly life,
and detect the secret of the music
that ever sounded around Thy path, 
as the music of the golden bells
 when Aaron passed to and fro.
Anon


Recently, I've had the pleasure of having lunch with my mom, my niece and her son. Four generations spending time together. I've noticed a few things, we are a lot alike. We're loud, we talk over each other and our mannerisms live on on even if we don't look like one another.

When we took a picture of our luncheon, I realized that we no longer were a five generational family living. Grandmother's Bernice death in October changed all that. She has been around for so long, it seems strange not to have her here. I could not have a conversation with my mom without hearing about Grandma. She lived a full life and left a large legacy behind.

                          Kathy, myself and mom.

                            Kathy's Kai.

                     My favorite picture of grandma Bernice.

The generational shift has occurred with my mom at the head of that family tree. The next Queen Bee, Mary. The circle of life continues. The names may have changed, but the characteristics continue on into the new generation.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...