Tuesday, February 14, 2017

A 24 Hour Thing

                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                        everyday is a journey.

Last week, I had a 24 hour virus thingy that surprised me. I do not get sick, period. It's been so long since I had a cold or a flu or a virus of any kind. I'm not exactly sure why. It could be that my eating healthy boosts my immune system. Or perhaps the flu shot helps. I always laugh that with all the chemo and radiation inside of me has killed everything. 

Anyway, you could imagine my surprise when I didn't feel well one day last week before work. I thought that my stomach cramps might be gas or just something not agreeing with me that I've eaten. I bought some Sprite and headed out to work. 

Well, I can tell you that I spent an agonizing 2 1/2 hours running back and forth to the bathroom. I've felt so nauseous as if everything would come up without warning. I tried to induce vomiting on my own hoping to feel better. When it finally happened, it didn't help, but made it worse.The cramps became more painful. It was time to go home. 

I don't think I could have stunned my management more if I tried by opting to go home. In my 22 years, I've gone home only once and that was during a cancer treatment. 

My home is about ten to fifteen minutes away from work and that's during rush hour. I had to pull over by the local Liquor Barn, which was full by the way and everything inside me came up several times over. I must have looked a sight, heaving at the liquor store like a drunk. Came home, threw up again and went to sleep.

When I tell people that story, they double over in laughter. It's funny now, but it wasn't then. For the next several days, my tummy felt very queasy. Back to my BRAT diet until I felt better. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...