Thursday, February 23, 2017

Radiation Therapy

                                                   Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                   everyday is a journey.
 



Lord, with what courage and delight

    I do each thing,
  When Thy least breath sustains my wing!
    I shine and move
    Like those above,
    And, with much gladness
    Quitting sadness,
  Make me fair days of every night.
H. VAUGHAN

Radiation. . . .I still shudder at the very mention of the word. I'm so happy to be rid of it for good. I hope I never have to endure that type of treatment again. Never has anything taken such a mental hold over me as radiation. I find that frightening. 


Frightening, because the very thought of something having such control over me, scares the heck out of me. It also has taught me a valuable lesson. I was becoming way too comfortable with my progress as a cancer survivor. In my mind, I thought I have learned and gone through everything I needed to experience mentally. I mean, it's been almost ten years. I'm a seasoned survivor. 

Bull. All bull. You are never finished. You are never done learning. There is always so much more. You may have overcome one obstacle, but there is another around the corner. We need to stop thinking that we are here on this Earth for our pleasure. We are here to prepare for the work we will be doing in Heaven. 

That thought process changes everything. We are flawed, imperfect people who need to be working on becoming as Christ like as possible. That won't happen overnight.

Radiation brought me to my knees. It made me realize how vulnerable I really am on the inside. There is still a lot of work left in me. Here I am Lord, turn me into a worthy vessel, molding me into the person you see me become. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...