Thursday, February 9, 2017

Two Months In

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Shall I hold on with both hands to every paltry possession? 
All I have teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Looking around my bedroom this morning, I grimaced both inwardly and out by the mess. It's only this room that resembles chaos and still hasn't been put together. Moving is a great TASK! Just when one believes everything has been transferred over or filled out, there's always something else. Every box that is opened, I wonder how in the world I fit all this stuff into that small apartment I left. 


I think we all experience this chaotic transition and I know there are people that have boxes still unpacked from when they have moved years ago. I hate clutter and I hate a mess. So I guess you know what I have been working on these past couple of days. It's only been around two months and yet our expectations are great. I want normalcy as soon as possible.


Life here keeps moving regardless of what is going on spiritually or mentally inside of us. The axis turns, days turn into nights and over once again. I am learning how easy it is to get behind and how difficult it can be to work out of boxes, searching for items that have mysteriously disappeared. 

A lot has been going on these past two months. Emily has found a new job around town, which means another schedule change for all of us to get used to. I know I have gotten used to a meal being ready when I get home from work. This isn't the case anymore as her schedule involves afternoon and nights on certain occasions. We never appreciate what we have until we lose it.

We have found a Church that we call home, but we haven't begun any volunteering as of yet. I did sign up for a welcome luncheon after Church to become formally introduced into the fold.

In the meantime, life intervenes with various struggles, upheavals and just existence. We need to work, we need to shop and we need to clean. In between all of that, we socialize, we enjoy our hobbies and we do our Ministry work. There is a schedule there somewhere, a routine waiting to emerge. Hopefully it will get here soon. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...