Saturday, February 4, 2017

I Am Woman

                                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.



I love to think that God appoints
My portion day by day;
Events of life are in His hand,
And I would only say,
Appoint them in Thine own good time,
And in Thine own best way.
A. L. WARING.

Over the last couple of years, there has been so much in the media on peoples rights. One could almost lose their minds with all the abuse our rights have been exposed to, especially on social media. You all know, how much I have been struggling with social media. There are times I just want to give up and walk away from it all. On the other hand, I wouldn't be able to have this blog or the Ministry.


There is nothing I detest more than others telling me what I should believe or be like in their eyes. Believe me, I do know what being a woman means and what it entails. I know what the difference is between a woman of the world and the woman of God. I know what I am. I know what it took for me to get here. 


I also know that women can be each other's worst enemy. Instead of gathering up our resources and becoming stronger together, we beat each other down. Instead of the old mentoring the young, we shake our heads at the antics of the inexperienced. We don't encourage, nurture or listen to one another. Instead we post on social media how vastly unintelligent we are for having a diferent point of view. 

We Christian women of God are to blame as well. Do we reach out to women of a different faith? Of women of different opinion? It's pretty easy to sister to a fellow sister-in-Christ than one who may be a buddhist. It's definitely less painful. 

The world is changing rapidly and so are the women living in that world. The roles we play are no near the same as of our grandmothers, but I know that deep down inside we long for that time. We cannot voice it, because the world would condemn us for it. 

I am growing old or at least feeling old in this new age we as women exist in. I definitely don't belong here nor do I want to.  I feel a loss and a sadness. When did this huge gap begin? How can we close it? I wish I knew, but I will never give up trying .

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...