Friday, February 10, 2017

The Reading List 3

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I've rediscovered reading books once again. I love books of all types and I've made a promise to myself this past Summer to make time to sit down to read. Let me engross myself in something other than my problems. Here a few that I've read so far.

Wait And See
By: Wendy Pope
This is actually a great bible study type of book where we can write in the answers. The whole study is about seeing the waiting period in our lives as a learning experience instead of something we dread. I actually learned how terrible I am during the waiting on God period. She does offer very insightful commentary on the behavior we all experience as we wait.

Soul Food
By: Havilah Cunnington
I really enjoyed this book. It dealt with what we need spiritually to feed our soul and how our soul needs to be fed on a daily basis. The story began in the Garden of Eden and ended up at The Last Supper. My favorite line from the book God endured the Cross because it takes more than bread to stay alive. He wants to rescue, redeem and restore you. 

Finding I Am 
By: Lysa Terkuerst      
In this book, Lysa describes and goes over the seven I am statements made by God.  It's fascinating to read how these seven I AM statements apply to our everyday life. Another surprise in this book? The actual names of the seven I Am statements.  Some are pretty obvious, but there is one that we always assumed was part of it and isn't. You'll have to read the book to find out the answer.


It doesn't matter what you choose to read, the idea here is not to lose that feel of a good book. Sit down and read a book!

Have a blessed day everyone.

P.S.
If you like this blog, please take the time to click on the "Follow."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...