Friday, August 1, 2014

Where Art Thou , Romeo ?

I've been flirting and enjoying it ! Who knew I still had it in me .
 Romance is something that has been placed on the side burner in the last couple of years . So when  a man began flirting with me ,  , it was a little shocking . . .well , at least in the beginning .


And then . . . . quite enjoyable .

I have to admit that I felt rather pretty , sexy and worthy of male attention . My own reaction surprised me . At my age ? Who would have thought I could still blush ?

All this male attention , has brought quite a lot of thinking regarding relationships and marriage . Emily , herself , asked me if I would get married . Would I ? 

I always thought I would be married at this age . Never saw myself any other way , but now that I have arrived at my middle years , I'm not so sure anymore . 

All my married friends complain about their spouses and often tell me to stay single . According to them , it's just too much work taking care of a spouse . They have to feed them and dress them . Pick up after them . Never go anywhere alone . 

What are they ? Children ? They can't dress themselves ? 

I thought about my life now and the freedom that I enjoy . I have no small children . I can come and go as I please . I can stay up as late as I want and I have the bed all to myself . I can support myself financially and have no need for more children . 

What do I need a husband for ? 

Two reasons : To fix my vehicle or at least , I can throw the set of keys at him and tell him to take care of the problem . He also has a spare car I can use in the meantime . He can fill her up with gas and warm up the car in  the winter . 

And . . . . . . 

I have someone to go to events with and have a dance partner . He can fetch my drink and be the designated driver . When we get home , he can rub my aching feet . 

One more , but extremely important ! 

He can go to Church with me and place his arm around me like I see all the Christian husbands do to their wives . Then when we get home , he can leave me alone . Lol . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny, Lottie! I can think of a few other things I might need a man for! But, we'll leave it at that. After all, this is YOUR blog, not mine! lol

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...