Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Prelude

We walked and talked for about an hour . Despite the cold , rainy weather , we had a wonderful time together . J.V. remembers that time well . So do I , but for  a different  reason ; It would be the last time I would ever walk normally . 
excerpt from 90 Minutes In Heaven . 

One of my favorite Disney Princesses has been Belle from Beauty and the Beast , because of the library scene . How could I not love a princess who loved books ? 

Over the years , I have collected various books in the hopes of having a library like the one in the movie . When we moved into the    apartment  , we had to get rid of many of these same books I've cherished due to space issues . 

This morning , I experienced a strong desire to read something , an actual book that I could hold in my hands . I reached into the shelf that stands in the living room  , overflowing with books and pulled out the first one my fingers touched  . 

90 Minutes In Heaven . 

When I read the above excerpt , my mind drifted to the weeks before my cancer diagnosis . . . . before I even knew I had cancer , trying to remember what or how I was feeling at that time . 

I remember that I could actually feel the tumor inside of me whenever I touched my stomach . I had problems going to the bathroom and took several laxatives to no avail . 

I remember people asking me if I was feeling okay , because I looked sickly having lost weight . I remember one of them asking me to see a doctor and as I swiped off at work for the day  . . . . I turned to her and said :

I'm going today and I will tell you all about it tonight at work . 

I never came  to work that night . Regardless , of all the symptoms I've listed and actually feeling that 7 lb. tumor , I never felt afraid or that any of this was serious . I never would have imagined that I had cancer . 

To this day , whenever I run into that same co-worker , I am reminded of that scene . 

Take good care of yourself everyone and have a Blessed day everyone . 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...