Friday, August 15, 2014

Simply Simplification

I have learned in my lifetime that when your house is falling apart to the ground , sometimes it's better to just knock it down to it's foundation and begin anew . 

Since I have begun this journey of renewal , I've looked back at various parts of my life to see what is working and what isn't . This evaluation has led me to change my course of direction . I have no desire to patch things up , I'd rather start fresh . 

The foundation is solid and strong . Why not keep it and rebuild with simplification in mind . I've always been a wash and wear type of woman , opting for my feet to be planted on solid ground rather then the air or water . Airing out the closet and clearing up the clutter to live more simply . Isn't that how I began way back ?

Somewhere along the way , I have strayed from my path  onto a more grandeur journey . One that has left me feeling empty and unfulfilled . Sometimes retracing our steps  is the only way to move forward . 

I've been meaning to go back and re-read 90 Minutes In Heaven for years now . The first time I read it was really more because of             boredom , being stuck in the hospital . Spiritual books did not interest me , especially the self-help types . That's how I viewed this particular title . 

Little did I know , that this book would literally change my life . Every page I read , I felt I was experiencing myself , as I laid in the hospital bed fighting for my own life . It was instrumental to the changes I have made in my own life . It set me onto this new journey that has led me here . 

As I read each paragraph , I found myself drifting back to that time , my mind flooded with assorted memories  and emotions running high . This is not a book one can fast forward on . You have to stop , think , analyze and move on . I can see this will take awhile . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...