Saturday, August 30, 2014

2 Loaves Short Of A Miracle


The morning began with numerous errands  and a long list of " to do 's " in the apartment as the summer days are drawing to a close . We ran around cleaning carpets , airing out pillows , changing curtains and linens . 

As one season ends and the other lies on the threshold , a good cleaning is in order to get rid of the past , making room for the new . It has become a routine task for us , one that we both look forward to and detest at the same time . 

Who on earth wants to scrub the oven or refrigerator ? Cleaning out drawers and cabinets create an even bigger mess . All this work provides us with physical exercise as we run up and down flights of stairs with endless loads of laundry . 

The end result becomes our joy as we survey the neatly stacked shelves , the kitchen practically sparkling and the living room never looked more inviting . We smile with anticipation of a good night's sleep in our freshly scented bed linens . All so worth the achy muscles we will feel the next day . 

Or at least Emily will . Anything that doesn't belong in the main rooms or anything that is  considered clutter , ends up in my own bedroom for later disposal . I can work on it during the night at my leisure and when people come over , I can always close the door . 

My bedroom has always been a messy concoction of boxes waiting for deliveries to various charities , boxes overflowing with yarn and stacks of different projects yet unfinished . On my bed , lay the current project I've been working on . It will be a few days before my room is set right and another couple of days when it becomes a mess once again . 

Regardless of all the hard work , we were looking forward to the evening since we were treating ourselves to a carry out supper . I , myself , had my niece's latest flavor of wine  , " 2 Loaves Short of a Miracle " , chilling on ice to enjoy with my supper . 

Pouring myself a generous tumbler of the wine  , my mind on putting my feet up , I became very careless . Just as I placed the glass down , I knocked it over completely , spilling all that precious goodness all over my table . 

For a split moment , I felt angry at my stupidity until I saw the wine's label staring back at me . I burst out laughing , shaking my head at the raw irony of the wine's name : 

2 Loaves Short of a Miracle 

If that isn't the truth . Here I  have been working hard all day and just when I thought I would be rewarded for it with a glass of wine . What happens ? I spill the entire contents . Thank goodness , it wasn't the whole bottle . . . . . . and how was your day ? 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...