Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Praying Warriors

"Well , then you won't have to do a thing . We'll do it for you . We're going to pray . We're going to pray all night . I'm going to call everybody I know who can pray . We're going to do this for you . You won't have to do a thing . "
Excerpt from 90 Minutes In Heaven

Prayer is an awesome antidote to any problem . Get a group of people to pray for you or over you and immediately you feel safer and calmer to handle any situation  . You know He got this .

During my stay in the hospital , I had many prayer warriors . Some of them I've never even met . They all prayed for me and continue to do so . 

Joey would call me every morning with the question of the day :
" What are we trying to accomplish today , mom  ? "

I would tell him of the latest medical problem I was facing and he would pray right over the phone with me . Somehow , I always felt comforted when he prayed , as if he had special favors with God . Silly , isn't it ? 

Friends and family hate to see their loved ones in distress of any kind . A dear friend once said to me :
" Lottie , I wish each of us could take an hour of your pain so you could just rest . " 

Prayer warriors  . . . . . I believe we call them that , because prayer is a fierce weapon against all evil whether it is in the form of health issues , personal issues or financial issues . Prayer is a comfort to those in need . 

I remember that time very well . I remember the love I felt , the comfort that others provided and that I never knew I craved . I'm really enjoying this book once again . Sometimes , we just need to re-visit where we  have been , just to appreciate where we are now . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...