Sunday, August 31, 2014

Taking A Peek

Well , he's gone . Or at least , I believe that to be true since I witnessed him moving some furniture earlier . 

One of our neighbors , Smoking Steve , has been evicted from the building . Apparently he is a peeper . What exactly  he has been spying on  or doing or where , I have no idea . I do know that a month ago the police came with a warrant , taking computers , cameras  etc. out of his apartment . They were also asking to speak to the landlord . The next thing we know , he was evicted . 

It's strange , you know , but I believe it has to do with his job . Both of us worked the second shift and we would leave and come home at the same time . Since the incident , he hasn't left the apartment . I think he lost his job , too .

Ran into him last night and I acted as if nothing has happened . He didn't look anything like the man I have known these past 3 1/2 years . He has always been a loud mouth , speaking against everyone in the building . Very opinionated and arrogant man , that Smoking Steve .  Now , he couldn't even look at me , lowering his gaze as I walked   past  . 

I really felt pity for him . How quickly we can fall . He didn't resemble that same cocky man any longer . How did he get to this point ? Why ? The decisions he made way back have come to haunt him now and I felt sadden by these turn of events . I certainly hope he takes this trial in his life to turn things around for the better . It's never too late to start over . I just hope he realizes it .

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...