Monday, August 18, 2014

Blah Monday

I almost forgotten it was Monday .

 Last night , I opted to go to bed early since fighting sleep was tiresome in itself . Slept like a baby all night , waking early , but lounging in bed until mid-morning . 

Sometimes , a person just needs to lounge in bed .

The weekend was filled with heartbreaking news of sudden death in a friend's family : A family member going through an illness : A family dispute keeping everyone apart : A young woman's  ex-boyfriend in a new relationship : A friend's loneliness as she celebrates her dead husband's birthday . 

Now it's Monday . 

With a heavy heart and a solemn expression , I get up from bed to make coffee . My heart is just not in it . If I could stay home I would . I don't want to talk to anyone nor deal with their petty , idiotic behavior . 

People have real problems and it breaks my heart that they have to go through them . Moments like these are better for being still and not saying anything . Let the calmness and comfort of God's love blanket us in His loving arms . Close your eyes and allow yourself to feel that love . We all need to feel that love right now  .

Blah Monday .

I have no encouraging , inspiring stories today . Today , there are people suffering real emotions and I have no way of comforting them . I can only pray for them . 

I can only take comfort in the knowledge that there are reasons that I can't even comprehend for what is happening . Something good will come from all of this . I have to believe that . I have to show faith and hope . 

Walking out the door for work , I know it will be difficult today to smile , to deal , but each step I take , a friend will come with me .

Will you walk with me , Jesus ?

Have a Blessed day everyone . 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...