Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Let The Fast Begin

We all have things we look forward to in our lives . One of my favorites happens to be the January Fast at our Church . I love to start the New Year cleansed , feeling fresh within my soul . Our Church does 21 days , but Emily and I do the entire month .

Why do we fast ? I believe we experience clarity and the fast heightens the intensity of whatever we are seeking . The question isn't why we are , but what we are fasting for ? 

Satisfaction is found in a life that reflects God’s priorities—and time with Him comes first. Reading His Word, we become mindful of the Father’s great love, learn what He views as important, and experience the joy of belonging to Him. When contentment is elusive, it’s time to examine our priorities.( Charles Stanley )

For some time now , I haven't felt as if my relationship with Jesus was a nurturing one . Something has been missing . Church used to be a place where I ran to every week so I could lay down my troubles . During Worship , I felt transformed into the presence of God . I would leave feeling so at peace and ready to face the coming week . 

I haven't felt like that in a very long time . This fast is to bring us closer into a deeper relationship like we had in the 
past . Just Him and me , once again . 

So I fast , giving up the indulgence of gluttony , eating fruit or vegetable for breakfast , lunch and snacks with a humble supper . I offer up my time and my body in exchange for His Presence and company . Let's spend some time getting re-acquainted . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...