Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Finding Rest

On God my salvation and my glory rest;
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. (Psalm 62:7–8)

Finding rest In God
Oh how I long for His loving arms to envelope my being
to place me in His safe guardianship .
I cry out to Him in my weariness ,
resting my head on His shoulders . 

Oh , Lord , tuck me away in Your safekeeping 
far away from the problems of this world . 
Allow the stress to gently leave my body 
free to rejoice in Your company .

Wash away all the dirt suffocating me
exposing my shame for all to see .
Cleanse me from the inside out 
to live anew by Your saving Grace .

God , let me find rest in Your loving arms 
protect me and refresh me all over again
so I can live out Your will 
and serve my fellow man . 

Prepare me , Lord 
for the coming year .
Let the lessons I have learned 
this past year serve me well
as I step into a new beginning . 

Let me find rest in my God . . . . .


Have a Blessed New Year everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...