Thursday, January 2, 2014

Welcome Is Thy Death

492 

Since I view death differently now then when I was younger ,  I found the above tweet to be hilarious . Unfortunately , not many felt the same way . 

We see death as serious business . Death is ritualistic , full of pomp and has a sober air of reality . For some of us , death is an end , the final hoorah . For others , it's a fine line between heaven and 
hell  and their salvation .

Before cancer , death would scare me to pieces . The thought of worms eating my flesh while in the ground gave me shudders . If I chose to cremate myself , I hoped they would wait until I was fully dead . 

Silly , isn't it ? It is the fear of the unknown that scares people . As a Christian , I know where I am going as long as I follow Christ's principles . That knowledge offers me comfort and ease so I no longer view death as something horrible . It is merely a transition to our Promised Land with Christ . . . . . our reward . 

What a comfort  for my children to know that we will be reunited in His Kingdom where we will live out our eternity . Whatever handicaps we carry here on earth will stay here as our souls go up to Heaven . We will walk around completely renewed in our new bodies free of all earthly  hindrances . I will be free of cancer . 

 I am sure that when the time comes , I will be anxious with a little fear , but it will never overtake me . He will take my hand and lead me into Paradise . 

Have a Blessed day everyone .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...