Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Renewed Passion

Your word I have treasured in my heart, 
That I may not sin against You. 
Blessed are You, O LORD
Teach me Your statutes. 
With my lips I have told of 
All the ordinances of Your mouth. 
I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies, 
As much as in all riches. 
I will meditate on Your precepts 
And regard Your ways. 
I shall delight in Your statutes; 
I shall not forget Your word. (Psalm 119:11–16)

Why do I feel such excitement about the new year ? Is it because it represents a new beginning ? A chance to do a 
" do over " from last year ? Or is it the promise of Hope ? An opportunity for dreams to come to reality ?

I feel relief .

 Just recently I made a decision to take a step back and evaluate what was missing from my soul . This feeling of disconnection from everyone and everything would not go away , instead kept getting louder . I knew I was slowly losing my spiritual self .

I needed to take a break , but from where ?

When you immerse yourself completely into everything you do with  a passion , how do you choose ? You weigh all your options based on what is right for you at that particular time even if that means choosing a path that has meant so much to you . 

For me to place my focus on rejuvenating a relationship with Christ , I have to make room for it to grow . After painful deliberation I have decided to take a sabbatical from teaching Sunday School  and devote this time for my spiritual growth . 

I feel relief .

I feel anticipation for what is coming . 

I feel .

Have a Blessed day everyone . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...