Monday, January 20, 2014

Simply Healthy Living

                                               Our fruit bowl on the kitchen table .

A year ago , I started a series called " Simply " , based on my desire to live out my life as close to healthy , stress free and spiritual as I could . For Emily and myself , living simply has become a way of life . 

Walking through the grocery store the other day , we noticed how much our life has changed regarding food alone . Majority of our shopping is done in a fruit / vegetable market and when we have to venture out elsewhere , we barely use all the aisles . 

Emily has taken this on with much gusto , embracing all things homemade versus preservatives in canned goods . As long as we have the basics ( flour , eggs , milk , sour cream ) we can make anything ourselves from scratch . 

We do occasionally have unhealthy , fatty meals or snacks like everyone else . After all , we are human . The important fact here is to remember that it is just a snack or break from this lifestyle and not a permanent deal . 

The funny thing is that we have developed a reputation for healthy living . Our friends and family expect it from us and often playfully joke that a binge to us means drinking soybean milk . 

I do wish that all this healthy living would reflect in my 
appearance . I know that my insides are in great shape , but the outside still needs work . When it comes to my cancer , I know I look healthy and strong . Cancer is not written on my forehead  and for most people , they're not even aware I have it . 

We have come a long way with our health . I may have started
 late , but I do take comfort knowing Emily has begun her life being healthy while half my age . I'm so glad we are on this journey together . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...