Sunday, January 12, 2014

Bring It To The King

In my early years as a Christian , I couldn't wait for Sunday to come , especially after a trying week . I wanted to bring it to the King  and leave it with Him . 

I haven't felt like that in a long time . What happened for it to go missing ? Why have I allowed it to go on for so long ?

Conviction. The Holy Spirit will reveal the areas in which we've sinned and convict us of wrongdoing. Through Scripture, the Spirit shows us God's standard and what needs to change. Repentance begins with understanding where we have gone astray.( Charles Stanley )

It can happen so easily , filling your life with so many other things and placing your relationship with God in between the cracks . 

Contrition. The next step--grieving over our iniquity--is followed by confession to the Lord. Genuine sorrow arises from the knowledge that we've sinned against Him. In contrast, human unhappiness often comes from being caught misbehaving. Other times we are miserable because of where our choices led us, or feel shame that people know about our sin. True contrition is followed by humble confession. ( Charles Stanley )

I chose to live a certain lifestyle with God leading me . Somehow , I fell off the path and the negative immediately  took hold of me . Now is the time to rectify  the wrong done by me to  my spiritual growth . It's time to get back to the basics of living my life according to Christ . 

Commitment to act.  Real repentance is complete when we wholeheartedly pledge to turn from our old behavior and move toward righteous ways. God knows we won't live perfectly, but He looks for a surrendered heart that diligently seeks to obey Him. ( Charles Stanley )


Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...