Monday, January 27, 2014

Inspirational Thoughts

The surest way to keep from feeling left out is to let people in.

Easier said then done , especially if one has been hurt by them . Learning to trust and believe in people again is 
hard . Our first instinct , is a desire to do the opposite . We want to withdraw into our private shells and lick our wounds in despair . Pity party anyone ? 

I'm always amazed at the motivational speakers who come up with phrases such as the one above . They're never 
sad , or depressed ? Everything is always coming up roses in their life ? They can bounce back up to their feet instantly when things go wrong ? 

I just can't do that . I need to digest what happened and sort  out my feelings  before I can let go and move on . I need to feel . I need to allow the hurt to escape me through my
tears . 

Believe me , I am the first person to admit that I don't care for the wallowing type , but . . . . .  I do take a day or two in solitude to clear my mind and empty my heart . 

I wish life was as easy as step 1 ,2, and 3 , but we all know it isn't  . Majority of people need time to heal  and adjust to the changes that jump in front of them suddenly . How we handle difficulties in our life usually comes with experience . We learn as we go . 

On the other hand . . . . .. 

Inspirational thoughts offer hope to a dying heart . As much as they annoy us at first . . ..  I mean , who wants to hear all that goodie goodie stuff when our hearts are broken . When we are done crying out like a weeping willow , they offer a beautiful rainbow and we grasp it . 

We pick ourselves up off the floor and apply step 1 , 2 , and 3 into our daily routine . We let people in again , because we are full of hope . We  start believing in these words , because we need to . 

For some of us , that pick me up takes longer than what is healthy for our well being . We despair more than its worth and years later , we regret spending so much time on that person or situation . 

The surest way to keep from feeling left out is to let people in.

We start believing that phrase , because maybe this time we will come out on top and no one will hurt our heart again . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...