Friday, December 28, 2012

The Best Vacay

If I had to rate this Holiday , I'd say it has been one of the very best times ever . The best part is that we didn't do anything grand , just enjoyed each other's company .

Since the children weren't coming until the 28th , Emily and I chose to spend Christmas Eve just the two of us eating tofurkey ! Looking for the tofu turkey was an adventure in itself . This search has been over a year in the making until I finally wised up and asked people on facebook . Bingo ! It was found . I have to say it was pretty darn good with wild rice stuffing . I would definitely eat it again .

After our big dinner , we sat down to watch re-runs of shows on the food network . With only the christmas lights in the window  flickering softly , we sat around in our pajamas enjoying each other's company . What an absolutely relaxing time !

The next day , I headed out to my mom's house to spend the day with her while Emily headed out to her second , adopted family  for dinner . My mom  chatted to her heart's content about everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks ! I sat there on the couch crocheting slipper after slipper while the hours just flew by without us even knowing it . What a great day that was ! Emily equally had a great time if the video I saw was anything to go on . They just told jokes and laughed through the whole evening .

I guess the vacay was great not because of anything spectacular we did , but because of the company we enjoyed . Isn't that what holidays are all about ? Last night , we had another addition to our growing family . My godson and his wife welcomed their first child, a baby boy Lachlan . God Bless !

Tonight , my littles are coming for an overnight visit so we can have our own belated Christmas . Nothing else could be more perfect .
Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...