Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Christmas Party

 I love my home and I love living in it . After being everything to everyone else , the time I get to spend in my home is priceless to me . Any invitation that comes our way usually involves willing myself to go . If I could stay at home to live out my life , I would .

I have learned a few things about myself over the years . When it comes to parties or events , I know that when I don't feel like going , it usually means I will have a blast . So when the Christmas party came around from our church , the same thing happened . The day came and I just wasn't feeling up to it . All I wanted to do is lay down .

Having cancer has taught me to take better care of myself . I am very attuned to my bodies needs . If I'm tired , I will take a nap . The problem is that going through chemo , you are tired all the time . If I don't will myself to get up , I'd spend the whole time in bed ! So we went .

We had a great time ! We sang carols and played the white elephant gift game . It was so much fun , but most of all , my daughter blossomed in the company of these people .  I watched her mingle and interact with everyone . I could see how relaxed she was and how grown up .

You know , one of my biggest worry has been in leaving her alone one day . I don't want her to be alone . Joey has a family already , but she doesn't . Watching her at the Christmas party , I realized she won't be alone . She has a slew of adopted Aunts , Uncles and "mommies " here at Church . What a comfort that is to me . Yes, I was glad I went .
Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...