Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Chemo Bag

A few years back , my friend Anna , gave me this crafts totebag that I just love . It's brown with pink flowers on the side of it . It's very sturdy and durable . I've been using it primarily as my chemo/doctor bag .

The contents of the bag vary depending on two things .
1. am I having a chemo treatment ?
2. or am I on doctor visits only ?

If I'm just seeing the doctor for my regular visits while my cancer is in remission , I only carry yarn in  it . If it's the other , well , I'll need some supplies . Why ? Because we are there for the morning or afternoon or even the whole day . There are some people who take their chemo in a shot , but the majority of us take a seat for awhile .

Everyone brings a bag of some sorts . In mine , I carry my puzzles that I've had now for 5 1/2 years .  I also , bring some snacks like crackers or fruit as long as it's light . In the beginning , I used to eat a meal while there , but I've learned that in the end light is better . Don't forget the nausea that is coming . . . yeah , light is better . I'm always extremely thirsty while there , not very sure if it's the meds that do that . Water seems to quench that thirst pretty good .

Another thing I like to bring is a writing pad . Many of my blogs have been born right in the chemo room . Or write that letter I've been meaning to send . Then there is my crocheting  which always seems to bring plenty of conversations from other patients . I basically alternate from one thing to the other .

This bag certainly has become my friend . It totally serves a sole purpose . I don't use it for anything else . As I pack , I become sentimental , remembering the many times I've done this before . No matter if in a rush , last minute or tons of preparation . . . . this bag has always sat ready , filled with things to take my mind away somewhere else . So with my chemo bag packed and ready , another item checked off the preparation list .
Have a  Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...