Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Little Sparkle

The clock struck midnight and Christmas was  officially here . . . . the most magical night of the year . Looking upward into the  night sky , I searched for bright shiny stars and found none . The sky looked cloudy , almost a smoky grey . The only brightness I see are the glossy Christmas lights hung on houses , bushes and in windows of people's homes . I squint once more looking upward , secretly longing to see that little sparkle of the lone star announcing the birthday .

As I draw my curtain , the bells of my bracelet jingle slightly and draw my attention . I finger the glassy red , green and yellow balls of my bracelet . I think of Linda and Doug , fellow cancer survivors . Linda bought us three this bracelet to wear and remember each other in prayer . I silently say a prayer for each of them , fingering each bead , setting off a small jingle .

Throughout the day , I grasp hold of the beads absentmindedly , hearing the soft jingle . Here is the sparkle I have been searching in the midnight sky . That light of hope that we all live for . . . . long for  . . . . .hold on to . It's always nearby , you just need to know where to look . Or open your heart to it .

I think of them two and wonder what they are doing . Are they also remembering the promise we made to wear it on this day . ... . .Christmas Day ? Did they pray ? Did they finger the glassy , bright beads and think of me ? Of our relationship ? Of our struggle and pain ? Of our faith that binds us together ?

Here we are , the three of us . We are here because of that little Babe that was born so long ago in the manger . We are here because of the promise and hope His birth brought to mankind . All announced by a sparkle in the sky . The little sparkle wrapped around my wrist . . . our hope .. . . . and unity . The glassy beads sparkling like a multi-colored star in the midnight sky .

Have a Blessed Week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...