Saturday, December 29, 2012

Highlights Of 2012

As this year comes to a close , I find myself reflecting on the many things this past year had to offer . It's almost funny that I started 2012 with my second bout with cancer and I'm ending 2012 with my third bout . In fact , it seems my cancer likes to make an appearance in the Fall / Winter season .

The first half of the year was pretty rough with my treatments and the side effects were severe . My crying became the normal routine as did the feeling sorry for myself . I became quite an actress in hiding my true emotions from others . Going back to work was a struggle where I almost gave up my position , but I didn't . I stuck it out and  in the second half of the year , was promoted . Thank goodness I hung in there .

Of all the things that have happened this year , my slippers project has been my biggest accomplishment . All of my life , I've had good intentions placed on my heart that I've never acted upon . To have actually gone through with this leaves me in total shock to this day . I'm still amazed how God has spoken to me and I actually heard Him . I feel I have grown spiritually this year more than any other time .

We celebrated mom's 70th birthday with style . That party made me realize just how much I wanted to live to be the matriarch of my own little family .It felt good to finally admit that desire out loud .
I have come to love my grandchildren , developing a relationship with these two that will surpass any that I may have with actual blood grandchildren .

As the year ends , I can't help feeling happy with the way my life is going . These past five years have been a discovery of who I am destined to be . This year , I felt myself slowly blossoming into my own . Two days ago , a new addition was born into our family . That baby signifies hope and a bright future and I can't wait to be a part of it . . . . . no matter how long it may actually be for me .

I love life , but most of all I love my life and the people in it . Have a Blessed Life everyone .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...