Tuesday, December 11, 2012

More Updates

I have some great news regarding Linda  . . .. the chemo has been working . She was so jubilant this past Sunday , she wanted to stand up and shout her thanks to God in Church . Her words . As to me , she seems to be having a hard time accepting mine . As I've said before , this illness binds us together as one .

Speaking of Church : I have been asked why I go to Church when I should be at home resting after treatment . I go to Church for several reasons . One : I need to lay down all the bad , the frustrations of the past week at the Cross so I can be refreshed in spirit to face the oncoming week . Two: I also need to be thankful even for those frustrating weeks not just the good ones . We need to count our Blessings and give thanks to Him for getting us through it . Three : If Jesus took lashes on His back , a Crown of Thorns  and  nails in His palm to die for ME , I think I can show up at Church to praise Him no matter how I may feel . It's that simple . I will be coming every Sunday .

I have a request regarding my slippers . There have been numerous contacts with  places where we could donate these slippers . My request  involves praying for these slippers to go where they will be needed the most . Let's all pray for God to show us where that place may be . So far , I have around 650 pairs made . It seems that the time for donating them may happen very soon . Please take the time to pray with me for the children who will receive them . These slippers are very ordinary and simple , but the act they stand for is huge . Please pray with me .

Finally , I want to thank a special friend who cooked for me . What a guilty pleasure . I have been feeling very guilty that she spent a whole morning preparing food for me . Thank you , Doris . I love you .
Have A Blessed Week everyone .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...